What I Like About Brisbane
There are things in Brisbane that I can never find in Singapore.
Let alone the weather....Actually, there is only 2 seasons in Brisbane. Summer or Winter. It is either very sunny (hot) or very cloudy (cold). Even though there is 4 seasons (so-called), the transition is rather drastic, that you wouldn't know if it is spring or summer. But still it is better than the forever summer Singapore.
Bus driver. Most of the bus drivers in Brisbane are friendly. They are very helpful. They would find you the right bus to get you to your destination. When you hopped onto the bus, they greet you. This is what I do here, but not in Singapore. I yelled "Thank you" whenever I alight the bus. I really think they provide excellent service here.
Greetings. The interactions between people here are "warmer". There is always "hello, how are you?". But not in Singapore obviously. In Singapore, if you get a smile, called yourself LUCKY.
It is almost the season for lilac trees. In Spring, the streets of Brisbane will be decorated with the lilac colour trees. Beautiful. Although we can see yellow trees in Singapore, they doesn't seem to blossom as lovely as these lilac colour trees do.
There is a saying "Foreign moon is rounder". I got to agree with that. It must be the latitude or altitude difference. The moon appears to be bigger, rounder and brighter here.
Cockroaches. I cross my fingers on this. But it has been 7 months here in Brisbane, I haven't seen any cockroaches. And I still cross my fingers on this. Nope I don't want to see any!
There seems to be alot of wonderful things in Brisbane. I still look forward to my pig sty in Singapore. Brisbane is still a foreign grounds after all. And I think 2 years in Brisbane is enough for me to experience life outside Singapore.
And I do miss mee pok and fishball in Singapore alot!
Cheers
sq3169

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home