KL
31st Jan 07
My first business trip began. We took an afternoon flight to KL for a meeting. I was quite excited cos I always wanted to attend overseas meeting. Wanna claim Krisflyer mileage and the overseas allowance! Haha
But KL is pretty much of a disaster. The traffic is horrendous. The food ain't that fantastics. I was trapped in traffic for an hour on the way to hotel. An hour for 300m, right outside the hotel. The hotel was lousy too. It is worse than Downtown East. No remote control TV, no carpet and there's cockroaches! Location is lousy too. It is situated at Ampang, far away from KLCC. So I missed my chance to shop at KLCC. Breakfast buffet is LOUSY too.
The next day we were on 5 hours trip to a place called Lumut, where Petronas oil platform is fabricated. We were to meet the Petronas engineers to clear some technical issues before we can proceed further. My collegue slept all the way through, snoring all the way as well. Good on him. I hardly slept. The driver, who dwells in KL, was pretty lost at the beginning of the journey. He just couldn't find the right way to the highway and we kept U-turning. The torque while U-turning kept waking me up.
The meeting went on pretty well. We managed to settle most of the issues. And we left for KL to catch the last flight back to Singapore. The car journey back was "fast and furious". 130kph to 140kph on Malaysian highway. I am used to speeding. My cousin did that in Japan, my friends did that in Australia. But the project engineer was pretty freaked out it seems.
Last flight back to Singapore was delayed. The flight arrived in Singapore around midnight and I get to reach home around 1am. Shagged out! Thank god I don't have to reach office at 8am the next day with my manager's permission!
I hope the next overseas trip will be better! ... and further than KL!
sq3169

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home