Typhoon 22
Typhoon 22 ...
This is the most unforgettable part of my Japan trip. I brushed with death. This is what I really think seriously.
Tokyo hour 1630 at Narita Airport Tokyo. It was the hour and venue I was supposed to take off, to return to Singapore. But I was delayed because of Typhoon 22. Heavy rain and gust of wind... Freak out. Still aint that bad while waiting at Transit, it was when you boarded onto the plane... Good grace! The plane was shaking because of the wind! and the bloody plane is a BOE 777. I HATE SMALL PLANE!
Waiting on the plane for run way clearance was pretty much a disaster. I get a lot of images flashing in my brain. SQ006! What the hell! This was really freaking. I don't really want to think much. It just came naturally...
A minute or so right after taking off (while still taking off in fact), the plane PLUNGED! The plane met the typhoon current definitely. SCREAMS! "Praise the Lord!!!" was what I heard. My heart PLUNGED. This was not fun at all, like what we enjoyed on those roller coaster ride. This was scary. A matter of life and death.
PLUNGED! and the pilot tried hard to pull the plane up. The drastic elevation was not much better than the drastic and sudden plunge. While elevating, the current forced the plane down again. Up and down the plane went. Seeing the pillows to flew above us, the bag of Givenchy Perfume to toss above our heads (Did anyone got hurt by perfume?)
I seek for my sister's hand. I grabbed her tight and leaned on her. My legs were hooking the seat in front of me... My mind was blank. BREATHE. I told myself. BREATHE. I prayed hard. This could be the end of my 21 years shortie life. Would it be?
So close it seems.
And now I got a new angle viewing life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home