Get Your Own! | View Slideshow

Thursday, September 07, 2006

憑吊

I lost one of my maternal aunt today. She was admitted a few days ago and did not survive the kidney failure and heart complication. Life is too short and harsh for her. She was only 52, leaving two young children behind.

14 years ago. I saw her in her wedding gown. She married in her late 30s. Before her marriage, she was a carefree (financially) lady who took great care of my grandma. Then she was pregnant. She used to come over my place after her checkup and then took a bus home to her Ghim moh 1-room rented flat. I always wonder she ever felt blissful. Life was just hardship after the marriage. She never had the extra money for herself and all she thought of was the family. And her husband kept her at home, never allowed her to work.

When her kidney failed a year ago, she couldn't afford for the dialysis and consulted chinese physician instead. It was only today that I realised she had been washing dishes for Hawker. Sunday night, she passed out while working and was admitted to hospital. Resuscitation failed and she departed this afternoon.

I have not seen her for two years. And I was pretty rude to her on the phone , constantly complaining about receiving her calls. Now, I just hope to hear from her...

憑吊

走馬燈記憶裏的微笑化成了永遠。
請不要遺忘, 請不要感傷。
縱然生命失去了綺麗,以留下的愛生生不息。

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home