Hail Storm
19th May 2005
This was the first time I ever experienced hail storm.
1730hr. I was still in Chemical Engineering computer laboratory, working on report with a Japanese classmate of mine. The sky was dark and there were lightnings and thunders. And then it rained. Nothing special, just like those pouring days in Singapore. But the Jap classmate of mine kept staring outside. He was disturbed by the "banging" noise. Then he told me he thinks it was a hail storm outside and he was right. That was how bad my sensitivity is towards natural disaster.
On my way home half an hour later, the sides of the road are covered with ice. So was my balcony, covered with beads of ice approximately 1 cm in diameter (average size).
It was one of the worst hail storm in recent years here, causing damages to TV stations and homes.
And I dont really realised how lucky I was not hurt in the hail storm. If I am not working on the report, I might be on my 20 minutes walking journey to home. Then I would be injured..
SEE~ That is how insensitive I am towards natural disaster.
It was icy cold last night~
Cheers
sq3169

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home